Daydreaming about My New Release...

I think for most authors the second book is a challenge. It doesn't matter how long you've worked on it, if you've been relatively successful with your first book, I think it just puts pressure on you when it comes time to release the second. 

For me, THE COUNTERFEIT has been in the works for literally years. It's gone through contest, critique partners, agents and the occassional editor. Originally, the working title was COUNTERFEIT KISSES, but last year someone else came out with a book with that title so the powers that be felt like a name change was in order.  I kind of like the change because it will probably have a larger appeal and doesn't sound too fru, fru.  Of course, it's taken longer than expected to get it to the market, mostly due to some personal challenges that held up some of the revisions. 

I'm really excited to share Jeremy and Magen's story.  I've lived with them for almost as long as I had Shane and Lila.  It's a different type of story than my first, there's no mention of ghosts and everyone stays in the same century, but I still really enjoyed telling their story.  On the cover it says that "Sometimes the Road to Justice is Filled with Compromise." I think that sums up the book and in some cases life itself.  These characters are thrown into situations that sometimes require them to do things that are right but appear wrong.

The story takes place in the late 1800's in the fictional town of Malden Grove, Illinois, so I had a lot of fun creating the small town backdrop that hopefully will come to life for you as the reader. 

Only a few more weeks and it will be out there regardless of my butterflies.  I hope that those who enjoyed ISLAND OF SECRETS also enjoy a good historical romantic suspense because I promise that once you think you've got everything figured out THE COUNTERFEIT is going to throw you a curve ball and send you in a completely unexpected direction.  For those of you who enjoy a little humor, I think you'll really enjoy this book.  It has some scenes that still make me laugh and I wrote them!   My husbands thinks I'm crazy when I'm reading/revising and just bust out laughing.  He doesn't quite get that I could actually write something I still find funny after reading it mulitple times.

Well, it's off to work for me, have a great day and remember to make some time to Daydream today,
Tammie


Here's a Blurb:

Coming Soon!

Sometimes the Road to Justice is filled with Compromise...

Jeremy Loud is good at what he does.

As a Secret Service Operative he's quick on his feet and a master of his emotions.

Then, he wakes up naked, disoriented and in physical pain to find a woman busy at his stove. His first mistake is assuming she's a barmaid. His biggest mistake is underestimating her ability to get into trouble.

Soon he realizes his assignment to infiltrate and bring to justice the infamous Quincy Davenport and his band of counterfeiters might be easier than keeping one strong-willed and beautiful redhead out of trouble.

Magen MacGuire is determined to find the man responsible for her father's death and make him pay.

Then, her plans go awry and a case of mistaken identity leads her to the last thing she expects; a mysterious stranger she could easily fall in love with. She makes a choice to right a wrong, but in her case doing the right thing isn't viewed as proper and gets them both into even more trouble.

The odds are against them, but can they find the love of a lifetime before the secrets are exposed and if they do can they overcome the lies?


Visit http://www.tammieclarkegibbs.com

Comments

Popular Posts