Daydreaming with Author, Jodie Brownlee

Please help me welcome Jodie Brownlee author of the  Critically acclaimed children's book "The Magic Carpet" and her new book "The Traveler's Telescope" as she shares with us a what she Daydreams about...

The best thing about being a writer is the Daydreaming. When I was at school I used to get into trouble for daydreaming. Now it's my job! Some things just cause you to daydream and there’s no stopping it: treasure chests, tattered old maps, attics, basements, old fashioned keys, Persian rugs, and brass telescopes. I bring these things into my stories and give them magical qualities. One scene even takes place in the Museum of Magical Objects… Then there was the ‘mirror of shame’. It hurled insults at anyone who looked into it. In severe cases it screamed and even cracked.

Excerpt For The Traveler's Telescope
I hardly think that's a laughing matter,” snapped Mrs Pinkus, bustling past the telescope to the attic door. “You haven't heard the end of this. There are laws against abducting people, you know. And as for this – this – magical paraphernalia,” she said, shaking a finger at the telescope. “It shouldn't be allowed. Not in this neighborhood. Not near my house.” She stared coldly at Granny. “I won't have witches living next door to me.”
Granny smiled. “I'm not a witch, Mrs Pinkus; I'm a genie.”

When Ruby and her friends accidentally zap Mrs Pinkus and her poodle into another world they follow to retrieve her. Unfortunately, they bring back more than they bargained for unleashing a threat on the genie world. Granny McQuirky is accused of the resulting crimes. Ruby and her friends must find the real criminal before Granny is sentenced to life in a bottle, but at every turn a mysterious enemy threatens Ruby's life.

 Jodie is offering a special for reviewers.  If you would like to review The Traveler’s Telescope Jodie would love to send you an ebook. You can contact her by visiting her website where she also has links on where you can purchase her fantastic children's books.

Comments

  1. I agree--to be paid for our imaginations, for daydreaming, is almost as magical as the stories we get to dream up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts