Daydreaming with Author, Laurie Bellesheim about her recently launched book Surviving Emily

Please help me welcome Laurie Bellesheim, Author of SURVIVING EMILY, a book both designed to entertain and educate.

Daydreaming:

For as long as I can remember back, I've always loved to write. Even as a kid, I wrote short stories about my pets or my friends. I remember reading books by Judy Bloom and wishing I could write like that. Never in my wildest dreams did I think, as an adult, I'd author my own novel. But this dream come true is twofold.

When I was 18 I lost a very close friend to Sudden Unexplained Death in Epilepsy (SUDEP). At the time this happened, SUDEP was unheard of and rarely recognized in the medical communities. Only in recent years has it caught more attention and is being talked about more and more. When I lost my friend, I wanted to do something to honor her memory and my novel, Surviving Emily does just that. Surviving Emily is also about helping to raise awareness about epilepsy and the deadly condition of SUDEP. To see my novel now published and available to others, is bigger and larger than any daydream! It means more to me than I can express.

Thanks again for the opportunity to share this special book,

Laurie Bellesheim
 
Book Blurb:
 
Abigail Hooper and Stephen Sparks had never heard of Sudden Unexplained Death in Epilepsy until one fatal morning in November when it crushed their hopes and dreams. Twelve years after the devastating loss of their dearest friend Emily, they find themselves still affected by the trauma.

Abigail, married and newly pregnant, helps others through her work for the Department of Children
and Families. When a new client with epilepsy unexpectedly forces her to re-examine the past, Abigail realizes she’s the one who needs saving. Stephen has struggled emotionally, physically and spiritually after losing the love of his life, and the long-term effects of his grief have kept him from truly living and finding love again.

As the two search for redemption and the power to heal, their paths cross once again. Emily’s presence so long ago still has meaning in their own lives, teaching them the meaning of true friendship and what’s really important. Drawing on her own experience with a close friend with epilepsy who died, author Laurie Bellesheim raises awareness about the disease in this compelling tale told partially through flashbacks.
 
You Can Purchase the Book by visiting http://www.SurvivingEmily.com
 
You Can Connect with the author on Twitter by visiting  http://twitter.com/LaBellesheim
 

Comments

  1. How upsetting. I just a few days ago heard about Sudep from a mom friend whose daughter has been recently diagnosed. I truly hope your book increases awareness, and that the research takes the strides we need. Best of luck with your work...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is important that we learn more about this issues and the tragedies it leaves in its wake. Thank You for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts