Helping Dreams Come True...8 Hours to Jump Start Your Career

It's hard sometimes to meet nice authors and realize how hard it is for them to change gears from writing in their created worrlds to promoting in this one. It's not a natural thing for a creative writer to hawk their wares but it is necessary or how else would you know about their books and find your next favorite author? Over the past couple of years I've met so many authors who have all been struggling. Many understandably are resentful of the time they have to spend each day making sure they have a presence on the internet so potential readers can find their books. With a background in offline and online marketing it has always been difficult for me not to scatter advice anywhere I could. Unfortunately, often times advice given in a vaccum is like buying milk when it's out of the dairy case and on the cereal aisle. Yes, the two go together but the milk is going to be "viewed" as bad even if it was just placed there and is still cold and fresh. After months of struggling to come up with a way I could help those authors I discovered the answer was rather simple I am afterall a writer.

What made me reluctant to move ahead with the project was the sheer number of competing titles out there that I'd be competing with.  Many of the authors are better known and have bigger claims than my book would have.  I should know I've read practically all of them.  I knew what I thought about the offerings but felt I was biased because I've been in marketing so long.  What I discovered when I began to read the reviews was that many of the readers also felt the same way.  These guides are chock-full of ideas, but the presentation lacked the necessary format to encourage action.  I wanted to write something that would offer the author solid advice in the form of actionable tasks that could be completed in a short period of time and would have lasting results. I wanted to give these authors a foundation that could work for them even when they wanted to be doing something else. I'm so glad that I pushed on, bucked conventional wisdom and wrote 8 Hours to Jump Start Your Career: A Step-by-Step Guide for Self-Published Authors anyway. 

In just the few days since its release it's made the bestseller list at Amazon for three categories. Not just made the list but is within striking distance of a number-one  slot! The sheer number of folks devouring the book and taking those 8 Hours is staggering.  The feedback is unbelievable, and I cannot thank those who've purchased and actually begun to use the book for taking the time to report back and share their thoughts. If I have a takeaway, I'd like those of you who aren't authors to get from this post it would be to follow your dream even if you think you're not good enough, or connected enough. Whatever it is that is preventing you from stepping forward and claiming that dream ignore it and move forward.  When it comes down to it, each one of us is different. We can deliver the same information in a different way one that can motivate others. We can do a task different and produce a product unlike that of someone else.  Artist and writers each have a style that is their own.  Their style may not speak to everyone, but it can be music to those whom it's intended for.  Have faith in the abilities God gave you and follow your dreams....Tammie.

Blurb for 
8 Hours to Jump Start Your Career: A Step-by-Step Guide for Self-Published Authors


Forget about spending 8 Hours a day on promoting your book. For less than a value meal you'll learn how to take just 8 hours and invest them into actionable tasks that will pay dividends into the future. Don't you owe it to yourself to reclaim your life?

Authors are sick and tired of spending every minute of the day promoting themselves and their books. It doesn't have to be that way. 8 Hours to Jump Start Your Career: A Step-by-Step Guide for Self-Published Authors shows you how to invest just 8 hours into actionable tasks that will pay dividends into the future freeing you up to do other things. These are not tasks thought up over night, they are the results of over 2 years of research and personal experimentation. I cannot guarantee that it will make you a Bestseller, but many who've followed the tasks outlined in the book can now boast that Bestseller status. Spend it with family, go on vacation, or write your next book it's all up to you. What will you do with all that time you're going to have?

Comments

Popular Posts