Liane Moonraven's THE RAVENS takes on the issue of Bullying

Note from Tammie:
I was the victim of bullying from the time I was in fourth grade until I graduated.  I shed many tears throughout that period of time, and I have no doubt that my tormentors thought nothing of it. To me that is much of the real pity of the matter, a victim is not only victimized by those who bully but often adopt such a poor self-esteem that without realizing it; they begin to torture themselves also  viewing other's opinion more valuable than their own.

I had the support of my family, and my faith saw me through enabling me to become a stronger person with an eye for those who suffer even now.  There is often no deeper cut than an emotional one because they don't heal like flesh wounds, and they have the power to mold futures. 

Never underestimate the impact of harsh words and intentional cruelty.

I designed Liane MoonRaven's cover for her short story about bullying, but I haven't read it yet. I look forward to it.  The premise is a creative one. I asked her to share a little about her story and herself today on my blog.


Book Synopsis: The Ravens attend Walt Whitman High School in Danville and they don’t like bullies. An eclectic and diverse group of “Goth” teenagers, the Ravens rid their school of bullies discreetly and secretively.

Greg Stringman is the leader of the group and is a vampire. So are Dillon and Angelica; Shaylin is a werewolf and Robert is a psychic medium.

The group blends in as well as they can and have been successful in keeping their talents hidden. But someone is on to them and threatens to expose them. But they don’t know who it is because all they receive are secret notes and texts.

Unlike any other case they’ve had, the Ravens have now become the bullied. How will they find out who threatens their group and more importantly, what will they do once they find out?



I was bullied as a kid. It was horrible and I still remember the feelings of isolation and humiliation I experienced from being tormented by other kids. I believe my self-esteem suffered because of it until my twenties when I was finally able to face scars and bruises I had acquired. I think then I learned how to heal myself but the memories are still painful. I still don't know if I've actually forgiven my tormentors, maybe I haven't come that far yet, even though that was almost a lifetime ago.



Bullying is real and the emotional scars it leaves are real also. The Ravens, of course, don't exist, but if they did, how great would that be?



I hope this very short story brings a smile and a bit of relief to those who are bullied. The story also shows that karma will always strike back at those who bully others.



I sincerely hope you enjoy the story and if you're inclined to leave me a short note or a review, please feel free to do so. ~ Liane Moonraven


Liane Moonraven was inspired by a college creative writing class, authors such as; Edgar Allan Poe, Brahm Stoker and Stephen King,the brilliant director, Alfred Hitchcock,and the great legends of King Arthur.


She loves weaving an historical story mixed with a bit of classic horror and steamy romance.  Liane believes the combination makes for a deliciously different yet memorable tale.


Preferring not to restrict herself to any one particular genre, Liane combines historical romance, erotica, paranormal and horror and you shouldn't be surprised if she combines a bit of each into one story. She has also penned Young Adult fiction which focuses on the subject of bullying and she found comfort writing to a younger audience as well.


Liane Moonraven currently lives in a suburb of Washington, D.C.


Comments

Popular Posts