A Very Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas!

I can't believe that I finally have a few minutes to sit and relax. November and December have been like a whirlwind, add a three week bought with a couple nasty virus and it spell exhaustion.  Last year I had it together and my whole house was lovingly decorated. This year, it was still lovingly decorated it was just decorated a lot later, and a lot less. I guess that's part of the ebb and flow of life and Christmas.

Many of you know that my father-in-law has Alzheimers. Back in the spring he had a heart attack and it sped up the symptoms and he was admitted to a Veterans Nursing Home about an hour away from us. It's been a hard adjustment for all of us.

We were so excited to have him at our home for our Christmas today. We were concerned that he wouldn't want to go back, but he did really well and was even ready and restless when we finished opening presents.

We had a grand time taking photos of him. ( My hubby gave me a new camera for Christmas) At one point he said "that's enough". LOL.

Since I've been sick so much, we had a lot of work around our house to do to get everything ready for today, but to see him here again, and the smiles on everyone's face made all the preparation worth while.

Here's hoping that the love of the season, the true meaning and the embrace of each of your families has been yours this Christmas!

Merry Christmas and may each of you be Blessed in the coming year,
Tammie

Comments

Popular Posts