The Next Big Thing: Tammie Clarke Gibbs and Counterfeit Kisses


Many thanks to J. Lawrence for tagging me in THE NEXT BIG THING you can read about his new book by visiting http://rhondahopkins.com/2012/12/04/the-next-big-thing-j-lawrence-and-inborn/  This is an awesome book and an awesome author to check out.

So without further delay ...


What is the title of your latest book? My latest book is COUNTERFEIT KISSES.
Where did the idea come from for the book? While researching for another book I ran across a passage about the early days of the Secret Service and how they didn't start out guarding the president. Instead, they were tasked with dealing with counterfeiters in the late 1800's. I thought that was facinating and Jeremy Loud, the hero in my book just came to life.

What genre does your book fall under? Both of my novels thus far would be considered romance but they both have a strong suspense element and the book I'm working on now will take that to an even greater element.  I find that I enjoy writing books with lots of plot and page-turning suspense because that's what I enjoy reading.

What actors would you choose to play the part of your characters in a movie rendition? What a neat question. I think all of us as authors visualize different actors as we breathe life into our characters while writing their story.

Jeremy- Ian Somerhalder  View Image

I'll be honest that I just had an image for Magen and I haven't really seen an actress that looks like my vision of her.


What is the one sentence synopsis of your book? Two souls with their own agendas on a collision course with fate.

How long did it take you to write the first draft of the manuscript? If I added up all the random time spent on it probably about six months, but it was the culmination of several years of pondering, drafts and life's interruptions.

What other books would you compare this story to within your genre? Several years back Berkley had a line called "Homespun". They were americana stories and this book has a very americana feel.

Who or what inspired you to write this book? I get ideas from everywhere, but in this case as I state above the concept came from the idea about the Secret Service and the Jeremy character was spurred by an old photograph I found while researching.

What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest? I like to think that I took a very small town book and elevated the story line with several unexpected twists that reinforce the notion that things aren't always the way they appear and even when you think you have everything all figured out as long as human nature is involved you can be surprised.

So who will be THE NEXT BIG THING?  I'm on a search for authors to share with you so check back next week to see who I've snagged....

Comments

Popular Posts