Up Close and Personal With Author, Paulette Mahurin

I am so excited to be featuring several authors here on my blog as a part of the First Love Blog Hope.  I wanted to give readers an intimate look at the author behind their books.  

 
Author, Paulette Mahurin





Paulette Mahurin, an award-winning author, is a Nurse Practitioner who lives in Ojai, California with her husband Terry and their two dogs--Max and Bella. She practices women’s health in a rural clinic and writes in her spare time. She’s been involved in animal rescue for the past 28 years and all profits from her book, The Persecution of Mildred Dunlap are going to Santa Paula Animal Rescue Center, the first and only no-kills shelter in Ventura County, CA. (http://www.vcstar.com/news/2012/sep/08/ojai-authors-historical-novel-teaches-tolerance/ )
 
Paulette's Favorite Sweet Treat
Sensuous Chocolate


I make it out of dark chocolate, walnuts, oatmeal all melted together with a little soy or almond milk, let it harden and it turns into a really deliciously sensuous treat.
 
 
What do you consider a truly romantic evening?
A meal prepared at home followed by a sit in front of the fireplace while we exchange back rubs to romantic music.
What is your favorite romantic movie?
Sleepless in Seattle
 
What is the “Most” romantic gift you ever received? Why?
My engagement ring. Years before my husband met me, he traveled the world. He found a sapphire ring, a beautiful piece of jewelry, in some exotic place. He bought it to give to the woman, his future love, that he knew he would some day meet and fall in love with. When he gave me that ring, it was a forever gesture, that he wanted this relationship, through it all with all his heart. We’ve been together 28 years and to this day have a sustained a loving intimate relationship. He’s my best friend.
 
What do you consider romantic that doesn’t cost money?
A look. A certain touch. Sitting close together and listening to music. Back rubs. Taking the time to just let me/or my hubby know, “I’m here for you” in little every day actions that help me/him appreciate the preciousness of this connection. The best romantic moments for me don’t cost a penny.
 

 
Catch up With Paulette by visiting her:
 

 
 
 
 


Comments

Popular Posts